1. TUI Hotel Betriebsgesellschaft mbH (hereinafter referred to as “THOB”) undertook to observe the applicable statutory provisions for the protection of personal information and data security during the creation of its website. We would like to inform you about the circumstances in which we collect your information, how we handle it and to whom we provide it when necessary.
Consent to data use
2. We shall not collect any personal data from you on our website (e.g. name, address, telephone number or email address), unless you voluntarily supply us with such information (e.g. as part of orders, enquiries, surveys or contact forms), or if this is permitted within the scope of the applicable statutory provisions regarding the protection of your data.
3. We shall only collect, process and use your personal data for the purposes we tell you about, unless the collection, processing and use of such information is carried out:
– For a purpose directly connected to the original reason for the collection of personal data;
– On the basis of a legal obligation or an order issued by a court or public authority;
– To establish or preserve legal claims, or to prevent illegal activities.
We shall not sell, advertise or disclose your personal data to third parties. Companies belonging to the THOB Group shall not be considered “third parties” in this respect. We may also forward personal data to other companies in the international THOB network if this is necessary to achieve the original objective that was pursued when you provided us with the information (e.g. when delivering orders and responding to enquiries).
4. Visits to our websites shall be logged. The following data shall be recorded: your computer’s current IP address; visited websites; browser type; date and time; and your computer’s operating system. This data shall only be collected for data security purposes. We shall not use this automatically generated information for any other purposes, such as for statistical reasons.
5. We shall only store your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the original objectives pursued when you provided us with the information. However, we shall continue to store your data if you have actively given us permission to do so, or if this is prescribed by law.
Secure transmission of data
6. We shall use SSL encryption to ensure the secure transmission of your personal data. This is recognised as a secure form of transferring data according to current knowledge. If data is exchanged without this tool, such as via email, such transmissions of data shall not be considered secure.
7. THOB shall endeavour to establish technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful erasure, alteration and loss, and against unauthorised disclosure and access. Our staff shall be bound to secrecy and data protection agreements.
The following cookies are used within this Site:
- Forms authentication cookie. Used for authenticating registered customers.
- Customer cookie. Used to identifier guest customers.
- Recently viewed products cookie. Stores a list of the recently viewed products.
9. If you provide us with your email address, we shall communicate with you via email. Your email address shall not be disclosed to third parties outside the THOB network. You may revoke your consent to the use of emails at any time.
Links to other websites
10. THOB shall not be responsible for the data protection requirements or contents of third-party websites accessed via links on our sites.
11. THOB websites are not aimed at children under 14 years of age. THOB shall not knowingly collect or store the personal data of children.
Changes to the privacy statement
12. This Privacy Statement may need to be adapted to reflect the constant technical developments made in the IT sector and Internet. We therefore reserve the right to make additions and amendments to this Privacy Statement, which was last updated on 25 May 2018 in accordance to the GDPR.
13. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to this email address if you have concerns about compliance with our code of conduct.